Monday, October 24, 2011

This place is … wow ….

My first experience of Domaine Serene is when I walked into The Ritz (the intern accommodation). This place is ….wow….the words ‘luxurious, opulent and generous’ spring to mind. I asked Rachel (as she had just picked me up from Portland and the airport – thanks Rach, you’re the best!) “is this really the INTERN accommodation?? This place is way too flash!!” As it turns out it is and I am very thankful for the extremely comfortable and relaxing accommodation, I know we will be very well looked after here.




It has been about five weeks since I started here at Domaine Serene. In this time we have spent a lot of time preparing the winery for when the grapes come in. Cleaning everything so it is completely spotless, preparing the new barrels ready for when we have to rack the finished Pinot Noir and sampling the grapes in the vineyards to get an accurate representation of what is happening to the grapes flavour and sugar wise has served nicely as a lead in to this harvest. We are all very excited, just like when we were kids waiting for Christmas! - Peter McGeehan, Harvest Intern

No comments: